- An Ocean of Minutes, Thea Lim: Time travel + post catastrophe novel, A+ combination.
- Here and Now and Then, Mike Chen: More time travel. Slightly predictable plus but really interesting concept driving it.
- Ninth House, Leigh Bardugo: This is what might happen if you though frats were toxic, and set The Secret History at an Ivy League where all the students had gone to Hogwarts.
- Everything I Never Told You, Celeste Ng (audiobook narrated by Cassandra Campbell): What happens when your parents can’t see who you really are.
- Wanderers, Chuck Wending: This and Severance are what you should be reading right now if you’re into horror.
- My Friend Dahmer, Derf Backderf: We had a great discussion at book club about toxic masculinity and bullying, which are very evident in this graphic novel. But maybe not in the way you think.
- This is How You Lose the Time War, Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone: An epistolary novel between two people on the front of a war throughout time. So good.
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle, Shirley Jackson: Small-town cruelty multiplied by ten.
- To Be Taught, If Fortunate, Becky Chambers: ❤ ❤ ❤